Friday, August 26, 2011

William Josef (Will)

I wanted to make a special post to introduce our new nephew: William Josef (Will for short). My sister-in-law, Veronica, delivered him on 8/7/11 and he weighed in at 8lbs, 6oz. He is perfection.

As I wrote about before, this birth is very special to us because Veronica and I were going through infertility treatments around the same time. We emailed back and forth about the unfairness of it all, how everyone and their mother seemed pregnant, how we were pissed off and scared and unsure of what to do next. Veronica was a life-line for me in a lot of ways. She helped me to feel not so lonely during all my treatments...and that support was invaluable. Because of her, I felt so much less isolated. I didn't feel as much like a "freak" because I knew it was not just me. I learned through this that support is a much needed entity, no matter what your situation, no matter what you are going through. Find support! Find people who are in (or have been in) the same boat!

My (previous) infertility journey ended in May 2009, when I became pregnant with Alexandra through injections and IUI. Unfortunately, Veronica's journey continued much longer: through 5 rounds of IVF until she became pregnant in November 2010. But alas, Will is here and healthy.Thank God for modern technology/medicine, for bringing another healthy baby into the world who probably wouldn't have had the chance to be born otherwise....

So, without further adieu, here is little Will:

 Veronica, 39 weeks pregnant and outside her brand new house!

 At the hospital to see little Will...Alex is not so sure about her cousin at first...

 William Josef

 Already, Alex is stealing his toys (that pony was in the bassinet)

 Little man <3

Love this pic of Will...and of Alex sticking her little fingers through the holes of the bassinet to touch him <3

The new family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment