Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Keeping My Fingers Crossed....

...That my period either comes *right after* my consultation (so I don't have to wait too long for a baseline appointment) or that my cycle day one is on *the day* of my consultation so I can have my baseline then.

As with anything fertility related, timing is everything. For an infertile, timing is also important in order to *order the medicine on time*. For me, my insurance dictates that I get my injections through Freedom Pharmacy. They are AWESOME. I have always had awesome experiences with them. They specialize in fertility medication. My doctor puts in a call to them and they deliver my meds, to my door, the next day. Super reliable.

So the problem isn't Freedom Pharmacy...the problem is that if I am on cycle day two, three or four on the day of my consultation, my doctor may not be able to order the medicine in time to begin treatments on that cycle. Which would be more waiting. Which is tough for a woman with PCOS who doesn't know if her next period will come in 21 days or in 81 days.

So I am determined not to worry about when AF comes (even though I really really REALLY want it to come on the day of my appointment or right after) because, well, there's nothing I can do about it. I guess it's one of those things that I have to let go and try not to worry about.  I know a few weeks doesn't make a difference, regarding when we start treatments. But man...now that we made the decision to begin treatments again-I want to start like YESTERDAY. Ugh. I have an instant gratification issue. Might be my fatal flaw....and certainly not a good trait to have with fertility issues. Waiting, waiting, waiting....

Edited to add: EXACTLY THREE WEEKS TILL OUR APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment