Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to Reality

On the way up to camp for a chilly Labor Day weekend

Bundled up with daddy at camp

On the way home-zonked out from all the festivities

Well, summer is truly over and tomorrow I have to go to work for the first time in eight months (with the exception of the three weeks I went to work in June for health insurance purposes)! I know I know...I really shouldn't complain because many, many moms have only six or so weeks with their new baby. But I'm so sad to leave Alex :( My maternity leave FLEW by...I have no idea where all these months went?

Six am is going to come wayyyyy too early. And I'm sure I will not have a restful night of sleep. So funny that even at 30, I have the "first day of school jitters". Yep-this school psychologist is stable, lol. Apparently, according to my teacher friends, it's a pretty common phenomenon amongst educators. After all, they don't know who will pop up in their classroom, just like I don't know who will come walking (running, stumbling, barreling) into my office. Yep...those first days are interesting, and difficult. It takes awhile to get back into the swing of things. I just so wish that our school had a daycare for Alex. Is it unhealthy that I am jealous of our babysitter because she gets to spend all day with my baby, while I only get from 4 o'clock on???? :/

No comments:

Post a Comment