Sunday, June 20, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Pphheewwwww...the month of June has FLOWN!!! I cannot believe it is the 20th already :) I haven't even had enough down time to blog. The only reason I'm still connected to facebook and not going through withdrawal is because I have it on my phone. Good thing, or I'd be out of the loop, lol.

Anyway, we've been super busy the last three or so weeks. Dan's sister, Veronica, was here for three weeks. She watched Alex while I briefly went back to work. When I wasn't working, Veronica, Dan and I were getting ready for Alex's Baptism and party. Pretty much this is how my day went for about two weeks: get up at 6am, go to work, get home, feed Alex, go run errands for the party, get home at 9, eat about 9:30, go to sleep at 10:30. Sounds relaxing, huh?

I had a great time with Veronica though, and wish she lived closer-or at least in the same country. She was a huge help in getting ready for this party. While I was at work, she did some landscaping, cleaned, took care of Alex and cooked. I swear, the girl is superwoman. That chick gets things done! But we had some nice girl time too-which I think was needed on both parts.

Alex's Christening was awesome. She was such a good little girl during the ceremony and seemed to listen intently to the Deacon as he spoke. She looked at him in such a serious fashion-as if she knew how important the day was. Too cute. She didn't cry or anything when the Deacon put the oils on her or the water on her head. The party went great as well. I'm very thankful that there was no rain because it was touch and go all day-and I have no idea what I would have done with 50 people had it rained! We certainly would have been jam-packed in the house! It was definitely a special day-not just because of the service, but because Alex was able to meet the rest of her extended family. I love the fact that she has so much family around...it's a great support system to grow up with.

And by the way, not that I'm counting down or anything but......3 1/2 more days of work until I'm off until September 7th! Huzzah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment