Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back To Work!


Wellllllll.....my maternity leave officially ended on Tuesday, when I went back to work for the first time since December! The day before, it was my 30th birthday, so I'm glad I didn't have to go back that day. But I was definitely kind of bummed and dreading leaving Alex. I had a few good cries that day and was feeling pretty guilty about going back. I never really realized it would be so hard!!!

In the end, it was a bit like going to the dentist-the buildup is worse than the actual event. Yes, I woke up a little sad on Tuesday, but I was in such a rush to get ready that I didn't really have time to feel sorry for myself. Yes-I missed Alex like heck-but I called home every two hours or so, lol. It definitely made it MUCH easier to know that Veronica, Dan's sister, is watching her...and that I only have to work for three weeks until I have the WHOLE summer off!!! So yeah-it hasn't been too bad. And I have to say, it was kind of nice to see my colleagues again and to practice some problem solving skills non-related to babies. However, that's not to say I wouldn't love to stay home-because I would. Just trying to find that elusive silver lining. And we have our trip to Australia in July to look forward to as well. So hopefully time will go by fast. Until then, however, I will keep watching the clock and bolting out of the door at 3:25 every day! Next September...when I start back "for real" we may see a lot more waterworks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment