Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another Success Story!

I like to add these stories to my blog because hearing the success stories were one of the things that kept me going when I was at my lowest. For so many of us, it feels like we are in this battle alone. That no one else knows the pain of infertility, that no one else can understand how difficult it is to hold ourselves together and keep trying-even after so many failures. But the reality-and that tragedy-is that infertility is all too common. Although, it doesn't feel that way when you are going through it. Mostly, you just feel completely and utterly alone.

It's interesting, since being more forthcoming with my own fertility struggles-and also by keeping my ears open a little bit more-I have come to meet so many people who either have dealt with infertility (to some degree) in the past, or are dealing with it currently.  It's like a little secret society (albeit no one wants to join it). Unfortunately, infertility is still a taboo subject. I can't judge this. People have their reasons for not talking about it. Hell, I had mine. I didn't want the pitying looks and the side-bar discussions about me. So even if you don't talk about it, even if you don't feel comfortable with sharing your story...know that you are DEFINITELY not alone.

Anyway, my friend, Erin, is now 9 weeks pregnant and everything is looking good (knock on wood)! She's had two ultrasounds and the little bean is growing well and has a nice strong heartbeat. Erin has been trying to get pregnant for about two years now and I would have never known this, had I not told her about what what we went through to conceive Alex (not in a freaky, I'm going to share my life story with you way...I honestly mentioned it vaguely-almost in passing). I met Erin through my husband, who works with her husband. After hearing about what we did, she told me that she has PCOS and never gets periods. I told her she should go to my doctor, which she did. Six months, injections and Metformin later-and now she's pregnant! So happy for her and sending her lots of sticky dust/healthy baby vibes!!!

Six weeks, two days until our appointment!

 Fall fun! Carving pumpkins

 Alex isn't so sure that she wants to participate...

 Forget carving pumpkins...we prefer to drill them!

 Excited to play in the leaves

 Alexandra loves her big pile of leaves


"Helping" to rake....

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower, I found you through another infertility blog :) It's great to hear you blog so openly about your experience. We are currently doing fertility treatments but haven't told many of our friends and family. It's nice to be reminded we're not alone :)
    Rachel
    Asartiparty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! You are definitely not alone...there's a whole sea of us! It really is amazing/tragic, if you keep your ears open, how many people you meet with the same struggle. They kind of pop up all over the place.

    Good luck on your treatments! I know how stressful it is to go through them (ups and downs). But chances are very much in your favor that you will find the right treatment for you and you'll have that miracle baby!

    ReplyDelete