Saturday, September 24, 2011

Updates...

Phewww! I feel like I haven't had time to blog in forever! It has been a seriously crazy few weeks and I feel as though I haven't stopped.

Good news: Alexandra LOVES her daycare now...thank God....because I had a serious case of mommy guilt going on! She still gets a little teary eyed at drop-off, but I think she's just that kid who doesn't like to see mommy or daddy leaving. Within about 1-2 minutes, she's smiling and running around with the other kids. I am so relieved!

Dan and I are very happy with them as well.  They do a ton of projects with the kids. They do art projects everyday, go out to the playground several times, have song time, circle time, story time and also do a lot of sensory and motor activities. Annnndddddd....Alex started gymnastics too! There is a gymnastics place right next door to the daycare and (for an extra fee of course) the children who were signed up by their parents go every week to do gymnastics. The teachers took pictures, so I have some pictures of Alex learning to do somersaults and flips (fully aided of course). I just think it's so cool, how her world is expanding. I would have never gotten her involved in gymnastics at such a young age, but the situation presented itself. So yes, things are settling down and we are all settling into our routine for this school year.

Of course, the downside to daycare is that Alex has been sick for about a week now. She has a cold and ear infections. But, I was prepared for this. I knew the first year, health wise, would be rough. Here's to hoping we get a lot of this stuff out the way now and that she will be in tip top shape (and immune to all sorts of things) by the time kindergarten hits.

In fertility news: nothing much has changed. I still have the December appointment, but am very much hoping to get in earlier via the cancellation list. I've *more or less* made peace with the fact that we need to wait a few months to get an appointment. It's not ideal. It's super frustrating. But there's nothing I can do to change it. As mentioned, I'm on the cancellation list, so there is always hope to get in before December. Of course Dan and I are still "trying" on our own ;) I took an hpt two days ago and it was negative. I am pretty much resigned to seeing a negative test. I figure I won't start crying over them until I am doing treatments. But that hasn't stopped me from pulling it out of the trash a few times to *really* make sure there isn't a second line. I may test again in a few days...

Right now, I'm just trying not to focus on wanting to be pregnant. I'm focusing on fall, decorating for Halloween, spending QT with Dan and Alex, work, and losing some weight before my December appointment. My good friend is teaching Zumba at work after work, so I'll be starting that soon. It is a kick a$$ work out! Other than that, I am in another good friend's wedding in October, so that is keeping me busy too. We have the bachelorette wine tour and bbq next weekend, then we have some planning and her wedding is at the end of the month. So hopefully all of this will keep me busy and I will get a call from my clinic sooner rather than later! The pictures below are from our friends'
Erica and Mike's son's third birthday party. It was held at a cute little kids' farm.

 Sliding is pretty much Alex's favorite thing to do!


 Daddy showing her how to change gears!

 Train ride

 Alex and I


 A huge bouncy pillow!


 Giant spider web

Long day! She almost fell asleep on the hay ride

No comments:

Post a Comment