Friday, April 4, 2014

Florida or Bust!

We got back from our trip to Ft. Myers to visit my parents late Monday night. No time to blog though! Needed to catch up on laundry, cleaning, unpacking, errands, gymnastics runs and soothing a sick AND teething baby. Yeah. That part has been...eh...challenging. We are heading to the doctor's today because I think Hayden may have an ear infection. Poor kid...hope she doesn't have my crappola ears or it will be "tube city" for her :(

Anyway, we had a great trip! As I mentioned in a previous post, the girls and I flew down on Monday morning and Dan didn't join us until Thursday. I was anxious about having both girls on the flight on my own, despite being pretty practiced with traveling with kids!

Anyway-on the way down, they were both GOOD AS GOLD! I mean, you couldn't ask for two better kids! Hayden mostly slept on my chest and Alex played with her ipad. Plus, I had two awesome seat mates who actually went out of their way to entertain Alex. The world is still full of saints I tell ya!

The Florida weather was pretty good. Not great...but after the winter we had, I'll take it. There was one day that it rained, so we went to the Golisano Children's Museum, and there were a few cloudy days (no rain)...but they were WARM so we totally didn't care!

Anyway, we went to the beach a few times, the children's museum, to shop the outlets, swimming, the splash pad and play ground...the girls both had a blast with Noni and G-Pops.

 Ready for the pool!

 The girls with Noni and G-Pops

 At Golisano Children's Museum


 Alex "rocked" this rock wall. She climbed over the red line, which was allowed, oops!

 First ride on a swing!

 Alex with her cousins at the beach

 Despite loving the beach in Australia, she hated it in Florida!


 Splash pad

 And this is what Hayden initially thought of it...

 But then she came around...kind of


 Daddy and Alex building a sand alligator


 First time Alex plays mini-golf!

No comments:

Post a Comment