Sunday, December 19, 2010

Woo Hoo....


Alex and her cousin, Briana, on Thanksgiving

Christmas shopping is done! Well, except for the gift card that we are going to be getting for our sitter to Texas Roadhouse. But-shopping is 98% done! In previous years, I was never one for online shopping. I wanted to be out in the malls, looking at the merchandise, hunting for the perfect present, being a part of the holiday mass. I really thought of it as participating in the Christmas season. Being one of the traditionalists.

This year, I did most of my shopping through Amazon...and it was glorious! Seriously, there is nothing like shopping from the comfort of your own couch, whilst still in your PJ's, drinking a cup of coffee. I just never realized how wonderful it was-plus-you can pretty much find anything you want online, whereas in the stores, it is sometimes a matter of luck and haggling.

So why did I make this change, you ask? A.L.E.X. My child is like her father-has a very limited tolerance for shopping. I think it has more to do with having to be strapped into a stroller or shopping cart. And my baby is on the move! She wants nothing to do with being confined to one spot. So yes, shopping with an 11 month old has been challenging and more than a little bit stressful. You just never know when she'll blow!

I thought I would miss it, going out, laboring for all those gifts. I really didn't. I think for the next couple of years, I will only need a little taste of the Christmas shopping-at-the-mall thing: a trip to Target, a run to Walmart, etc. At least until Alex is old enough to not scream whenever she's strapped into her stroller. Then I'll just have to worry about her hiding in clothing racks. Now onto wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment