Thursday, January 6, 2011

Updates Updates Updates

Went back to work this past week-and boy am I glad that tomorrow is Friday! I hated leaving Alex again after having a whole week off with her. In fact, I basically had a melt-down the night before. Ugh, I hate leaving her. The perfect scenario would be if I could work my job part-time (3 days/week) and still get all the school holidays and summers off. That would just be awesome. I would still get to spend the majority of my days with Alex, but still be able to get that adult interaction. Oh well, it's a moot point. My bosses/supervisors would laugh me out of the building if I brought it up! I guess I just need to be grateful that I work basically half a year and get GREAT benefits for infertility. That is definitely one HUGE upside!!! But let the craziness begin. From now until April/May, my days at work will consist of evaluations and counseling-pretty much back-to-back. Oh, and throw in a few crisis interventions too. Guess the rest of the year will go fast though!

So other updates....my cousin (I believe I mentioned her in this blog) lost one of her triplets :( She did IVF, which is how she ended up with trips (she has pcos and her hubby has severe male factor issues). She found out at her 13 week appointment that baby A stopped developing at about 10 weeks. Apparently, this is a common time for miscarriage to occur. We all feel very bad for her. I think the idea of triplets originally shocked her, but then she saw the heartbeats and the ultrasounds...I'm sure she really wanted and loved that baby-despite how risky carrying triplets could be. I'm praying she is able to carry the remaining two to full-term and that they are healthy.

In other fertility news...Veronica, Dan's sister, is now 10 weeks pregnant and just had an ultrasound. Her little bean is looking great and is measuring right on! Yay for Alex getting a first cousin (God willing). I know I've mentioned Veronica in this blog. She and her husband had went through 5 rounds of IVF and 4 years of ttc-and never saw a positive test. This baby was a total surprise because s/he came from a canceled IVF cycle. Gotta love those happy endings to keep the hope and keep you going!

And in Alexandra news....she will be one years old in 11 days :o I can't believe it! I don't know if I should be happy or sad??!! I have to get going on the party planning. We are having two: one family party that my parents will be at (then they leave for Florida) and one for our friends and Dan's parents, who are coming from Australia for 6 weeks. I'm glad that they will be here to participate in a party....unfortunately, they have to miss so many of the milestones due to being so far away :( It should be fun but-man-planning two parties, having his parents here and working will be a lot of craziness around here for awhile!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL Ronan totally has that toy :) He loves turning the lights on and off haha.

    1 year old already!!!! it's a mixture of happy and sad :) enjoy it though and savor every moment with your little one!!!

    I am sorry about your work situation. I am a SAHM and I *STILL* miss Ronan sometimes lol. I have a lot of friends and family in our area so thankfully I still get plenty of adult interaction.
    Have fun on your days off with her!!! OH and hubby too ofcourse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...Alex definitely loves that toy-especially the mailbox and the door bell!

    As far as work goes, I do like my job, I find it very rewarding-just wish I didn't have to do it 5 days a week ;P We'll see what happens after baby number 2 :O

    ReplyDelete