Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Auntie Veronica is Coming!

First time in a bathing suit. One thing I learned: swim diapers don't hold stuff in very well!

Chilling in her sun hut


Having fun on mommy's bed!


Just as the title says, Auntie Veronica is arriving from Australia tomorrow :) Veronica is Dan's younger sister, who is only 18 months younger than he is. We both are very excited that she is coming and that she finally gets to meet Alexandra. She's the only one in the immediate family who still hasn't met our little one, as Dan's parents and youngest sister, Genevieve, were here in February.

So yes, we are most definitely looking forward to her visit. I get along with Veronica very well and really wish she lived closer. Heck-the same country would be nice! I imagine that we would probably be good friends if she were closer. I don't really know what we'll do for the three weeks she's here-but I'm sure we'll find all sorts of things to keep us busy! I'll probably bring her to the outlets one day, maybe do a wine tour on a weekend. For Memorial weekend, we are all going up to camp for the first time this year. Very exciting! Last time I was at camp, I was about 23 weeks pregnant and remember thinking that the next time I would be up, our baby would be coming with us! It will be Alex's first overnight trip (we'll be gone 3 nights actually) and packing with an infant should be interesting. It'll be good practice for our 3 week trip to Australia in July-that will be quite a feat! Anyway, I digress.

So Veronica was kind enough to offer to come and watch Alex while I go back to work for 3 weeks. I hate to leave Alex, but I know that she'll be in great hands with Veronica. And I'm so happy that after those 3 weeks, I have the summer off until September! Yay!!! Veronica is also going to be Alex's Godmother, so we really are very lucky to have timed her visit with Alex's Christening.

Anyway, that's about it for now...gotta hit the sack. Need to do some serious cleaning before Veronica comes, as well as laundry. Night all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment