Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Poor Kid!

...We both had a rough start to the day! First, everyone was woken up around 4am because we heard a loud bang. We wait and listen and hear nothing so we went back to sleep (once we calmed Alex), assuming that it was the cat getting into something he shouldn't have gotten into. We didn't wake up to look because, frankly, we were just too tired.

Anyway-our alarm clock (aka: Alex) woke us up for the day at 7am-not too shabby :) Dan was going to go downstairs to get her bottle, change her and then hand her off to me so I could feed her in bed. Turns out-that loud bang we heard-yeah, that was definitely the cat...he had knocked over a big vase of flowers that I had gotten for Mother's Day. It was all over our beautiful cherry dining room table (fortunately for the cat-the table was ok), in between the leaves of the table and on the area rug. It had soaked through the rug to the hardwood underneath. So poor Dan had to clean up that whole mess while I took care of Alex. The rug had to be pulled back but the floor came out faring ok too-no water damage.

So I feed Alex and decide to clip her nails. I don't know what the heck I was doing, but I ended up giving her a nasty cut on her pinky finger while trying to clip the nail :( I felt so bad-it's the baby's first cut and her momma gave it to her :( So of course she shrieked (first out of pain, then she was indignant) and it bled for awhile. But I persevered and continued cutting-and I ended up pinching two more fingers-UGHHHH!!! Fortunately, those fingers don't have marks on them.

Then....my laptop starts going crazy-it stops charging and smells of really bad burnt plastic. It became hot to the touch and so then we decide that it is kicking the bucket. Not too bad considering that it was with me all through grad school and beyond-so it was about 6 years old. But anyway-we still had to buy another laptop and spend money that we weren't planning on spending.

Annnnndddd then...we go to Alex's four month pedi appointment. My baby girl is growing like a weed. She weighs 15.5 lbs (90th percentile) and is 27.25" long (greater than the 97th percentile)! Her weight, when compared to her height (not age) is in the 5th-10th percentile. Head circumference was in the 75th percentile! I just can't believe that she is getting so big!!! Anyway, the pedi says Alex looks great-and that's what counts. But my poor baby, who already had her first cut thanks to mom, had to get two shots. Of course, she screamed like a banshee and then screamed a little more just because she was pissed off. But she's doing ok now-asleep in her swing and will hopefully wake up having forgotten all about the start to her day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment