Sunday, April 3, 2011

Random...

For the life of me, I can't think of anything to blog about today. It's sunny here, and that's a change. We've been enjoying the first few glimpses of spring and my daffodil buds are beginning to pop up :) The winter has been brutal this year; and while I'm not sure living here is worth it, the upside is that you appreciate Spring SO much more! Dan, Alex and I took a long walk yesterday with the pugs. Alex was in her little car and she loved it-she gets to be so much closer to everything that way. Now it needs to warm up twenty more degrees so I can open the windows and get winter out of my house!

Alex and I went to Babies R Us yesterday...I had to buy registry presents for my cousin (who is having IVF boy/girl twins) and a work colleague who is having natural twins. The work friend was one of those incredibly/crazily lucky women who got pregnant on their honeymoon-and with twins no less! They think that they are identical too (boys). But I've had such a nice weekend with Alex and Dan that I didn't even really feel that familiar pinch of jealousy that I normally feel when I hear about women getting pregnant straight away. That's not to say that the green-eyed monster won't rear its ugly head sooner or later. And Babies R Us was fun....Alex was smiling, waving and saying "hiiiiiii" to all the other babies there. I don't know if it's because I have the itch again, but BRU reminds me of how exciting pregnancy is-all the build up and preparation. I hope I get to experience it again :) I hope that I am able to savor that time, if I do.

Anyway, just wanted to post some pics of the weekend. We really didn't do anything special, but it was just one of those weekends that really make me want to be a stay at home mom <3

 Alexandra loving her caterpillar that she got at BRU

 Finally! It's nice enough to go for a walk!

 The whole family...minus me. Alex waving at someone apparently :p

Daddy and Alex play time

No comments:

Post a Comment