Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Eighty Three!

Eighty Three. It hit 83 degrees today! Can you tell I'm thrilled?! There has been only one other 80-some-odd-degree day since September (but I don't count that day because I was at work all day in my windowless office). It has been a very long, very drawn out, very dreary winter this year...complete with record breaking snow falls. Seeing everything turn green again just thrills me to no end. And I've been itching to get outside with Alex, as we have her new swing set and a sand/water box, amongst other outside toys.

Anyway, I got home around 4pm and Alex and I spent the next 2.5 hours outside playing. So nice. She absolutely loves her water/sand box. We had to go with a raised box, because I knew that the pugs would get into a sandbox on the ground and dig it up and/or do their business in it. We had an absolute ball. We both got filthy-and wet-but such is life.

Being out there with her seriously made me question why we don't move to Australia, at least on a trial basis. Yes..I would miss my family. I would miss my friends, our house, our life...even my job. But still-I feel like Australia would be a great place to raise a family. Certainly the weather would be better and we could enjoy being outside as a regular part of life. The funny thing is, at this point, I'd be more willing to give it a try (for a year and see how it goes) than Dan-the native Australian. Funny how that has kind of flipped around. When I was younger, I was much more worried and scared of such a radical move. Now, not so much. I don't know if it's because I'm older and we have our own family. I think it would be interesting. And if it didn't work out-we can always come back. That's why sabbaticals exist ;) Who knows where life will bring us....it's kind of exciting to not have everything planned out just yet...

 Beautiful day!

 Sand/water box = best buy ever. She spent hours playing with it!


 The end result. You can't really see it...but she's covered with sand/dirt and film from bubbles ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment