Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving.

Not a day goes by when I don't give thanks for all my blessings: my wonderful husband, our daughter, our families, our health. The list goes on and on and on-and for this alone, we are VERY fortunate and blessed. I make it a goal to not take any of this for granted and I think that, for the most part, I succeed.  Though we all have our moments where we lose sight of all that we have.

It's easy to be thankful for the blessings. For the good things. But what about the not-so-great parts of life? Sometimes these parts, the things that make you cry and scream, may be blessings in disguise because they are leading you to something much greater, something truly wonderful and magical. Perhaps the journey, even the most difficult and grueling ones, are a blessing?

I am not to the point where I can be happy about my PCOS and our fertility struggles. But I do know one thing: if we hadn't taken the road that we did, filled with all the bumps and bruises and miseries and depression, we would not have Alexandra with us. If we didn't struggle to have a baby, we most likely would have become pregnant a lot sooner. We would have had another baby, whom we would have loved with all our hearts. But Alex was meant to be in this world. She was meant to be our child. And I can't imagine a life-or a world-without her in it. Every tear shed, every drop of blood spilled, every painful procedure completed.....it was all leading us to this. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment