Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tick Tock

And what have we encountered in our quest for baby number two? Another roadblock :( It seems like, in some ways-logistically-things are harder this time around. Our plans seem to keep getting pushed back, and it's kind of disheartening...

So why the setback? My kidneys. Or rather, my issue with kidney stones possibly causing blockages. My urologist *thinks* I've passed the stone that landed me in the hospital with a kidney infection...but without a CT scan, he cannot be sure. And he doesn't want to order another CT scan because I'm young and want to have more children and he's worried about the radiation levels. Ok. Fair enough. Glad he's looking at the bigger picture.

However, apparently he saw another stone in my right kidney. It's small...but he may want to take it out before I get pregnant. Basically, he's worried about me getting pregnant, having a kidney stone which could possibly cause a blockage and end up with a big bad kidney infection. Which could get nasty, especially if I were to be preggo. So. I don't know what's happening. Also, my right kidney is still a little swollen-probably from the infection. So that's not back to normal yet either. **sigh**

Basically, the guy wants to be sure that I am stone free before getting pregnant. I have no idea how long that will take. I have a renal scan to look for stones on May 1st and a follow up May 7th. I'm praying things come back normal. We were really hoping to do a FET at the end of May-I'm still cautiously optimistic that we can still do it. We weren't planning another fresh cycle until August, once back from Australia...so that part hasn't really been delayed.

Meanwhile...tick tock tick tock. That's all I hear. I feel such internal pressure to have another baby, to give Alex a sibling. Lately, I just can't get rid of the thought that Alex is getting older and time is marching on....I just really don't want a huge age gap. I would love for my children to be close, to play together, to fight over toys and the TV. Now I feel like it's all a big question mark.

By the way, we have our consult tomorrow with one of the RE's at the clinic to talk about a protocol for next time. We'll see what he says.....

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what they have to say. Which doc are you seeing? I really think my preference is Dr. Greene at this point. Especially with the bad breath issue!

    Also, now that we are both back from vacation would you like to get together for coffee sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Dr. Greene! IT was a good visit...still need to write about it. I would love to do coffee...we have to think of a time/place to meet!

    ReplyDelete