Sunday, April 1, 2012

And We're Off...

Leaving for Florida today! Fort Myers...my parents are snow birds and have a place there for the winter.  My wish is that we ALL stay healthy for this trip-been a rough six weeks! We are very excited though-and Alex is walking around saying "going to Flor-dAH". She's excited too, even if she doesn't really know what she's talking about, lol. Alex has apparently developed an aversion to bathing suits. I know the feeling. Every time I try one on her, she screams like I'm jabbing pins into her. So we've been working on that-talking about bathing suits, how mommy and daddy and Alex have to wear them if we want to swim. Like I do at work with some of my students, I even made a social story. Man-I'm that parent.

So we will be doing a lot of lazing, pool-going, beach-bumming, water park-visiting....and perhaps I'll even fit in some reading? Nah-probably not.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! I love that you made Alex a social story, I'm sure it will help. I bet when she sees everyone else wearing a bathing suit she will relent. There aren't a whole lot of people wearing them in upstate NY these days!

    Have a fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The bathing suit issue was a non-issue! Guess that social story helped! I miss Florida...why do we live in NY???

    ReplyDelete