Tuesday, September 25, 2012

8 Week Scan

8 weeks, 2 days to be exact. Because once again, I want credit for every nanosecond that I have been pregnant.

Anyway--I hesitate to say this for fear of cursing myself--but things are looking good (knock on wood)!

Instead of five days behind, the little guy has caught up and is now only 3 days behind! And the heart beat was a strong, healthy and LOUD 170 bpm. God, the sound of the heart beat is so darn exhilarating!

So I go back next Tuesday for another scan and if things are still going well, I will be released to my normal ob/gyn. I have mixed feelings about this. It's tough going back to a normal OB because you simply don't get the attention you do at a fertility clinic. No more weekly scans, etc etc. It's hard to go from seeing your baby every week to maybe once every two months. But....it is a milestone. So that's how I will look at it.

Oh, and I'm not so convinced that he is actually a he. I'm losing the feeling. Which is weird because I was **so** sure. Hopefully I can convince my friend to sneak me in for an early anatomy scan in about 8 weeks :)

That's all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment