Sunday, March 18, 2012

What a Nice Fertility-Free Weekend.

I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but up here in the good old north east, it has been upwards of 75 today and yesterday. It has been h.e.a.v.e.n. Seriously. If this weather didn't get me in a good mood, nothing could. Well, it does help that I am no longer a hormonal freak-show with estrogen levels 5,000 times greater than a "normal" woman. So yeah. That helps...I'm feeling leveled off. Back to my old self. Which is VERY welcome!

We've spent a lot of family time together this weekend. Dan is going on a business trip to Germany from Monday until Saturday afternoon. That definitely bums me out, but I'm glad that we all got to spend quality time together--especially outdoors in this weather! I just can't get over the fact that I have all my windows open in March! So we went to a playground and went to the zoo, went out to lunch, went to the mall, grilled out... and DID NOT think about babies or pregnancy for pretty much the entire weekend. Yay me! Although, just writing this, I am kind of thinking about fertility, but not feeling too bad so it's ok.

And and and....we also went to see a house! We have been house hunting for about a year and a half. We are very picky. Both of us are very picky. So it has been hard finding something we both like that meets all of our needs. But we *may* have found the house this weekend!

Our realtor came over today to write up a purchase offer. Dan has to call the town tomorrow to make sure he can put a pole barn on that particular property. And if that is ok, we'll tell our realtor-who happens to be my cousin-to put the purchase offer in! And then we wait. They need to come down a bit on price...so we'll see what happens. I'm hopeful, but do not want to get my heart completely set on this house until we know if these people want to play ball. Fingers crossed!

And since I FOUND my camera charger, I can share some pics of the weekend :)

 Enjoying some playground time

 More playground

 At the zoo! Check out the shades...

 Big helper

 So brave!

 Awww...she's actually looking!

 Getting a ride on daddy

Snack time

2 comments:

  1. The weather really has been amazing! Alex is adorable and I'm jealous of your fertility-free weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Gonna be another warm one today!

    ReplyDelete